The Skillful Facilitator
Strategies for Meeting Dynamics & Group Dysfunction
What can you do to prevent group dysfunction?
When should you intervene in dynamics, and how?
How face conflict with resilience and confidence?
The Skillful Facilitator is a unique blend of classroom learning and personalized coaching. Participants will be empowered with helpful frameworks, tools, and techniques to identify, prevent, and as needed diffuse difficult meeting and group situations. Working from a neutral stance, what power do you have as a facilitator if dynamics arise, and what strategies can you adopt? Learn how to intervene appropriately, helping enhance group understanding, the acceptance of differences, and to transform conflict into an opportunity for better solutions and results.
- Understand your role as a facilitator in the face of group dynamics
- Recognize the symptoms and diagnose the sources of disagreement
- Acquire helpful models to prepare for and deal with group dynamics & dysfunction
- Master the art of asking good questions to diagnose and facilitate healthy outcomes
- Practice applying helpful facilitative interventions to different scenarios
- Gain insights on your personal triggers
- Learn strategies to more ably "stand in the fire" during conflict
- Receive personalized coaching after class focused on your needs and situations
Grow your facilitative leadership competencies
"You will leave with ready to go hands-on, practical methods for facilitating! This course exceeded my expectations. I am going back to my workplace with confidence in my newly acquired skills."
- KM, The Confident Facilitator
- The Confident Facilitator: Essential Facilitation Skills - Guiding Groups / Effective Meetings more...
- The Facilitative Instructor: Best Facilitative Practices for Active Learning more...
- The Skillful Facilitator: Strategies for Managing Meeting Dynamics and Group Dysfunction more...
- The Strategic Facilitator: Aligning Around Shared Vision and Plans more...
- The Artful Visual Facilitator: Bringing Meeting Results to Life with Graphics more...